Dr. Pramod Sawant
Hon'ble Chief Minister
Smt. Jennifer Monserrate
Hon'ble Minister Information Technology
Department of Information Technology (DoIT) has been created for evolving suitable IT ecosystem with an aim to utilize the benefits of ICT tools for efficient citizen service delivery in a convienient, affordable,accessible and transparent manner thereby making Goa a promising IT destination in the country.
Department of Information Technology is committed towards building a robust startup ecosystem by boosting local entrepreneurs thus making Goa the most preferred startup destination.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To improve citizens experience in Government transactions by providing single window access to various government services in order to ensure a convenient, hassle free, affordable, time bound and transparent delivery of G2C services.
- To build a robust integrated e-Governance system on a strong network connectivity backbone in all urban and rural areas to address the digital divide and enable seamless service delivery to the citizens.
- To build core infrastructure to host e-governance applications of various departments and provide a secure data center.
- To create an industrial hub with world class infrastructure facility to augment IT industries in the state.
- To promote digital awareness among all sections of the society and empowering citizens by enhancing their IT skills.
- To built a robust start-up eco-system in the state by providing assistance to pioneering Goan entrepreneurs,local start-ups and placing Goa on the IT map of the world.
- To build a pool of Geo- Spatial data to enable the stakeholders in efficient descion making.
- To reach out to citizens through online and offline mode of service delivery at various centres across Goa thereby bridging the gap between Government and citizens of the state.